Putting yourself first, self-care isn’t wrong. If you neglect yourself then you perform badly in every aspect of your life. As I’ve got older I’ve learnt to get better at this, but I’m still learning.
Here is my list of things I do to take care of me, my personal self-care. Yours will be different of course, I thought I’d share mine.
Self-Care, Love who you are.
- Start each day with green tea and lemon water after my dawn prayers.
- Eat a good breakfast, usually with egg.
- Get to the gym at least three times a week.
- Say No. Don’t do things you don’t want to or feel uncomfortable doing. Never be a doormat.
- Prioritise my health by getting regular checkups, smear tests, breast examinations, taking supplements and don’t ever put off doctors visits.
- Avoid negativity and the people who spread it.
- Draw a line under the past and don’t let it hold you back.
- Go to bed before 11pm. I’m not good for much if I haven’t slept well!
- Make the most of every day.
- Limit Screen time when with family.
- Love who you are and what you do.
- If there’s something in your life upsetting you, change it. I’m working hard on this one.
- Learn a new skill every year, last years was swimming!